Overloaded outlets cause thousands of dollars of damage to homes and businesses every year.

Wiring in older buildings can’t handle the large power loads created when plug extenders and extension cords are used improperly.

Heat can build up inside a wall, sparking a fire without warning.

Space heaters should be plugged directly into an outlet, not an extension cord.

Use surge protectors to prevent damage to sensitive computer equipment.

If fire starts, warn everyone to get out, then call 911.

Remember – safety starts with you!


Seattle Fire Department, Seattle Fire, Seattle Fire Rescue, Seattle Fire Medics

You may also like

Subscribe to our newsletter now!