Most home fires start in the kitchen when a person starts cooking and forgets about the food on the stove. It is easy to get distracted by a person, a phone call or an electronic device. A fire can start in seconds.
How to be safe:
1. Stay in the kitchen when cooking with oil or grease .
2. Always use a timer when cooking to remind you that the stove is on.
3. Keep the stove area clean.
4. Keep a lid near the stove in case of fire.
• Never pour water on a grease or oil fire.
• The best way to put out a small pan fire is to slide a lid over the pot or pan.
• Turn the burner off.
• Do not try to move a burning pan.
• Remove the lid only after the fire is out and cooled off.